General Information about PreK
- Chestnut Ridge PreK has earned high quality ratings from the Office of Child Development and Early Learning. According to the state evaluation or Program Review Instrument, Chestnut Ridge has earned a **PERFECT** score for the past 3 years (2016-2019).
- Both teachers have teaching certificates in Early Childhood Education and Master's Degrees.
- Paraprofessionals have many years of experience working with young children
- Our teacher/child ratio surpasses the 1:10 state mandated ratio with a 3rd adult floating throughout the PreK program.
- Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards are used when planning lessons.
- Free health, dental, vision, and hearing screenings are provided.
- A nurse is available every day to provide health services.
- Students must be 4 years of age on September 1, 2019.
- PreK sessions are all day for 5 days a week.
- PreK is in session for 180 days and follows the calendar of the Chestnut Ridge School District. Approximately 4 additional student days are added to the calendar and are announced in advance.
- You do not need to be a resident of the Chestnut Ridge School District for your child to attend PreK at Ridge.
- All district PreK classrooms are at Central Elementary.
- GENEROUS income guidelines are used.
- Transportation is provided to and from school.
- Nutritious lunches and snacks are provided daily.
- Opportunities for parent involvement are provided and encouraged.